- Getting rid of the necessity to buy new clothes. Belly bands are helpful in lasting longer for pregnancy garments. Some females are self-conscious about wearing attire that reveals their growing tummies, but the bands conceal this. As a response, a pregnant woman’s need for new maternity attire may be reduced.
- Generally safe to use before, during, and after pregnancy. Belly bands are most commonly worn by pregnant women in the early months of their pregnancy when they require minimal support. Women can, however, use belly bands throughout the postpartum months as they’ve got to their pre-pregnancy attire.
- Frequently low-cost. Some types and brands of belly bands can be usually cheap, in addition to potentially saving women money by prolonging the life of their pre-pregnancy clothing.
- There is a lack of support. Most belly bands simply give slight pressure and little to no real support.
- It’s possible that things will get stuck. Some belly bands are missing specific trims that keep them in place and prevent clumping. Because they are not stiff and lack binding, ribbing, or Velcro to keep them in place, even belly bands with these trims may bunch up or ripple.
- It’s likely that this will aid in the promotion of good posture. By absorbing part of the weight of a pregnant woman’s belly and levelling out her centre of gravity, belly belts can assist in stabilising her abdomen and lower back. Wearing a maternity support belt improved posture marginally across all trimesters, according to a 2018 study involving 90 pregnant women.
- It’s conceivable that this will reduce the chance of falling. Belly bands can help pregnant women avoid falling by stabilising their pelvis and increasing their balance. Wearing a maternity support belt enhanced balance and lowered the chance of falling during all trimesters.
- Some pregnant aches and pains may be eased with this product. Belly belts may help relieve some of the aches and pains that can develop during pregnancy by absorbing some of the weight of the belly and assisting with body stabilisation.
- It’s not a good idea to use this for a long period of time. More constrictive clothes, such as belly belts, should not be worn for lengthy periods of time since they can reduce blood flow to the abdomen and growing baby.
- It can be quite costly. Many belly belts, especially ones that are more stiff or have greater padding, can be costly. Belly belts should be of reasonable quality and robustness because they serve a functional rather than an aesthetic function.
Other maternity support garments
From basic underwear to multi-piece cradles and girdles, maternity support garments come in a wide variety of prices. However, with the weather in Malaysia, belly lifting pants could also be a great choice instead of wearing double-layer garments. For more information, check out belly lifting pants for pregnant women in Malaysia.