Since its invention in the 1920s, aerated concrete has addressed the search for an industrial material that would present the characteristics of wood such as its lightness, cutting and perforation capacity and avoid some of its disadvantages such as water absorption and need of maintenance. Today, autoclave cured aerated concrete blocks (HCCA) are actively present on the market by manufacturers, constituting a simple and efficient construction system. If you have wondered how to build with these masonry, it is pertinent to investigate a little more about the advantages of this material.
Ready-made autoclaved aerated concrete blocks are obtained by firing in specially equipped furnaces, called autoclave ones. Inside, the material is subjected to a pressure of up to 12 atmospheres and a temperature of about 190 ° C. Thanks to this processing, the gas block hardens faster and becomes more durable than a non-autoclave. During firing, the building material changes its molecular structure. In the end, aerated concrete becomes similar to the volcanic rock tobermorite.
Before using non-autoclave blocks, they are kept for about one month. By autoclaving in the oven, the material will set faster. Autoclave blocks are produced exclusively at factories of large firms, since expensive equipment and spacious premises are required. The production of autoclaved aerated concrete malaysia requires factory conditions, adherence to a clear technology, certain temperatures and pressure in the furnace. Such gas blocks are made in accordance with GOST.
Composition Of Autoclaved Aerated Concrete
The porous structure of block products is formed by spherical pores. Their size varies from 1 to 3 mm. The quality of the building material will depend on the uniformity of distribution of air particles over the area of the stone and on the type of their closure.
Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Has A Standard Composition. The Raw Materials Include The Following Elements:
- Substances for binding: quicklime, ash, blast-furnace slag in granules;
- Portland cement;
- Quartz sand of fine fraction;
- Purified water without the presence of salts;
- Pore-forming substances: aluminum powder or paste with active metal from 90%.
Various additives and modifiers are not required to be added, however, they significantly improve the operating characteristics of the building material. Gypsum prevents the quick setting of the solution, and the powder accelerates the formation of porosity in the block.
Autoclaved aerated concrete blocks have convenient dimensions and are laid much faster than conventional building bricks. Aerated concrete has a high fire resistance: it does not ignite quickly and excludes the evaporation of substances harmful to humans. This is an environmentally friendly material that is not capable of harming health.
Autoclaved Aerated Concrete Has The Following Features And Advantages:
- Blocks are made exclusively in large-scale production conditions, observing the ideal proportions of the components, following certain stages.
- Products for a long time cannot grow moldy, are resistant to harmful bacteria, since they are produced on the basis of mineral raw materials.
- Buildings made of such building materials help owners to save well on heating. Aerated concrete perfectly conducts heat and retains it.
- Light weight significantly facilitates and speeds up construction work.
The product has good sound insulation. The ideal solution for multi-apartment buildings and for rooms in which it is necessary to isolate extraneous noise.…